CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Ranch weekend and Charlie walking






I can't believe my sweet baby boy is walking at 10 months old. For some kids this maybe a normal time to start walking but I was use to Abby who at 10 months was just starting to crawl and didn't start walking till 15 months. I guess the saying is true, very kid is different. It's so fun to watch him. He is so excited and we all cheer him on. I also can't believe that I have to start thinking about his birthday soon. Man, has this last year flown by.
On another note, we had such a good time at the ranch with my family. It was a great time to get together and remember Michael. Every time I was out on the four wheeler, all I could think about was how much he would of loved it out here. We also celebrated my sister Cayce's birthday. Her birthday isn't till next month, a day before mine, but she is leaving for boot camp the first of August. Yes you read it right my sister Cayce is joining the US Coast Guard. I couldn't be more proud. She is having to leave her son, who is Charlie's age, for 2 months. She is stronger than me. I couldn't do it. She knows this will better her family and that God has lead her to do this. Please pray that she has the mental and physical strength to get through it. We had so much fun watching her son, Isaac and Charlie play together. Abby also enjoyed having to boys to boss around. She was really sweet and made sure both were feed. I have to watch her closely when she's eating something because she gives Charlie a bit. I caught her giving him peanuts the other day. At least we know he isn't allergic to peanuts now. It's sweet that she shares and it's hard to tell her that she has to share some things but not others. Some how I'm sure Charlie will survive. At least now he can walk away from her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved reading about your sweet family time, and I can't believe Charlie is walking! Watch out world! I also loved your tribute to Michael. I know he is experiencing the greatest peace of all with the Father, and I pray that gives you peace, also. I am proud of you for the way you are using your experience to reach out to others!
We will help with the kiddos anytime!

Hugs!

Monica said...

Isn't it crazy how kids just get up and walk one day? I was just certain Annie would been walking at 10 months. I was glad she held off one more month. These little ones want to be big so bad. : ( I can't believe we have never seen you guys at the pool this summer! Of course it is not over yet. I will keep my eyes open.