CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A week I'd rather forget!

I usually don't like posting negative stuff but this last week was worth writing about even though I'd rather never remember it again. It all started with Charlie not sleeping for 3 nights and not taking much of a nap either. He never ran fever and didn't show a lot of signs of being sick so I just thought that he was teething. Finally on Wed. I decided to take the poor baby to the doctor who then did a test that revealed that Charlie had strep throat. Oh joy! I felt so guilty for not taking him in sooner and then realized that Abby was probably going to get it too. At least I was a little more prepared for her to have it. So off we go home with meds and praying for sleep. Wed. was a my brother's birthday, which was hard but I was so busy with kids that I didn't have much time to think about it. Which I guess was good but today it all hit me and I've been depressed all day. I think the stress of the week had finally caught up to me. I was so tired by Thurs. that I almost fell asleep driving home from church. It only got worse Thurs. night when I was trying to get Abby to come down the stairs when she started to throw a fit. I was holding on to her and so when she did this I started to fall. I did catch myself by not with much grace. I felt my toe, the one next to the smallest one, bend back and pop. I knew that it was broken. Of coarse Friday Abby came down with fever and is now also on meds for strep. Chaz and I haven't gonen it yet but my luck it will on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile I've got my toe wrapped and bracing myself for the Turkey trot. I'm not going to let a small stupid toe stop me from running. I love running the Turkey trot on Thanksgiving and haven't ran it in years because I was either pregnant or just had a baby. So this year nothing is going to stop me. I know this week has to be better than this last one. We're hoping to go see my dad tomorrow so I pray that goes ok. The kids are doing better today and hope we are past everything. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and I promise my next post won't be so negative.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Poor Calista! Sometimes it truly does pour, doesn't it? Did you get to run the Turkey Trot?