CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ski Trip 2008
























Well we survived our first trip as a family of four to Taos, New Mexico. We left last Sunday morning at 5:00 am and got back at 11:00 pm last night. It was a long week but loads of fun. Both kids did so much better in the car than I thought they would. I don't know what I would do without our DVD player but I think I have hours of Blues Clues and Dora memorized. It was a 12 hour drive and the kids slept a total of 45 min in the car. As many of you know my kids are not sleepers and this trip was certainly no exception. Charlie slept a total of 3-4 hours a night and would only take a small hour nap during the day. That didn't seem to slow him down though. Abby did better and would slept around 7 hours a night. Despite not sleeping the whole week we did have a lot of fun. It snowed the whole time we were there. My car ended up getting stuck in about 5 feet of snow and took hours to get out. The skiing was great! I've never seen so much snow! It was a winter wonderland for sure. Abby was so excited about skiing. I wasn't going to bother putting her in ski school because I just knew she would freak out as soon as they put on those heavy boots but she proved me wrong. She was a natural and loved it. Who knew that my little girl who is so afraid of everything would love skiing. We couldn't get her off the mountain. Charlie also loved the snow. He looked hilarious with all his snow gear on. He was all over the place and worn all of us out. We went with Chaz's whole family and stayed in his family's cabin they've had for over 40 years in Tres Ritos. It's so cute and opening presents on Christmas morning in the moutains, with all the snow was priceless. We all had a great time but glad to be home and back to 70 degree weather. Merry Christmas to everyone and happy New Year. May yours be a blessed one.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridgell said...

So glad ya'll had a greatt time and are back safely. Go Abby! That video of her skiing was very impressive!

Unknown said...

What a great trip! I love all the snow photos. Glad you are all back safe and sound and look forward to seeing you soon! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Abby....not only is my granddaughter the most beautiful in the world, she's the best skier, too!!!! Gran is so so so proud of you.....much love, Gran