CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 09, 2009

Abby's painting job




For awhile I've been wanting to paint the playroom. We spent so much time up there and I was tired of staring at white walls so Friday I decided that I was finally going to do it. So after I put the kids down for a nap I went to work. I decided that I might as well paint the bookshelves too while I was at it. Because they are so heavy I couldn't carry them downstairs so I thought the back patio would be perfect so I drug them out there and started priming them. I worked a good hour and a half before the kids woke up which stopped me being able to work out side so I decided while they were playing in the playroom I would get started on that. I had put the blue paint, the new wall color for the playroom, on the back porch to keep the kids out of it. Everything was going pretty good. Abby was asking tons of questions about what I was doing but pretty much staying out of the way. After a couple of minutes I noticed it was a little quiet, then I heard a door shut. My first reaction was oh no, Abby went out the front door. So I ran down stairs and looked at the front lawn, didn't see her tried the back door, no Abby. Then it hit me, she's up stairs on the back porch. I ran as fast as I could and found her sitting on a paint can painting the house blue. She not only did that but painted my bookshelves too. There was paint everywhere, all over the balcony, her and the house. She seemed to be so pleased with herself at the painting job she had done. Meanwhile, I was in shock. I couldn't believe what a mess she created in just a couple of minutes. Anyway, I won't get into the details of what happened next. Just know that she was in time out for about 30 minutes till Chaz got home and could deal with her who was covered in paint. I still haven't cleaned up outside, so here's a picture of her painting job to enjoy.


3 comments:

Chesley said...

I am sorry for laughing but I crack up everytime I picture Abby painting your house. I was thinking the blue paint on the concrete is one of those things that gives your home a memory. It's not funny to you now but it's a good story for later.
I do love that girl and her spunkyness!

Randi Freeby said...

I needed that laugh. I am sorry,though, that your house had to take that. What a mess! Have a great day.

Leslie said...

Ok I know this is not funny, but I am so glad you posted this for us to see. I hope you are doing well this week.

Leslie Thomas