CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Abby and Charlie





Well the first meeting of Abby and Charlie went fairly well. The look on Abby's face was priceless when she saw him. She won't touch or hardly look at him at first but by the next day she won't leave him alone. It's been that way ever since. Every time she's sees him, she has to announce it by pointing and saying, "baby" over and over. It was only cute the first couple of days. I've really had to watch her because she already thinks she's helping when she throws a blanket over his face to cover him up. She's constantly running over to the bassinet and shaking it. I've also found her pulling on the blanket he's wrapped up in to try to bring him closer to her. Thank goodness she is so short and can't climb in with him. She is very sweet though. She's always kissing him and giving him little pats on the head. He's going to have to toughen up in a hurry. Other than that, things are going pretty good. Charlie has had his days and nights mixed up but we're working on that. He's been great with feedings and sometimes even goes 4 hours in between. At first we thought that he might have some reflux, like Abby, but that seems to be getting better. We know enough tricks to fix that. I'd forgotten how hard it is to get up and down all night long. It really gives your body a beating after awhile. I do think it's easier this time around because I know it won't last forever. Chaz goes back to work next week and I think I may cry that whole day. He's been such a great help and encourages me all day. Abby and him have spent so much time together lately and I know that she's really going to miss that during the day. I hope things go well. Chaz has left me a couple of times to go do things and everything seemed to fall apart while he was gone. But I'm feeling better about things. I just have to make it till he gets home. Thank goodness for Seame Street to keep Abby happy for one hour! It's the other 8 hours that worry me.

6 comments:

Chesley said...

What a sweet sister Abby is! :) I am glad things are going well. Charlie looked so precious tonight.

Garrett through a fit because he wanted to stay with you and Abby tonight. I told him we were coming back next week but that wasn't good enough for him. He finally calmed down.
I know you will be great by yourself with them. Can't wait to come visit next week!

Courtney said...

Those pictures are precious. I love watching little ones with their siblings! You're going to do great and I promise that it will fall into some sense of routine. I can't wait to see you guys when we bring dinner on Monday!

Hollie Reese said...

Abby is so sweet! Charlie is adorable. Hang in there when Chaz goes back to work. Eventually you will get a routine down. Of course, it never fails that they will both want to eat at the same time or Abby will always want something when you are feeding Charlie! You will do just great! We wish we were there to come and visit! Thanks for updating so we can see pictures!

Summer said...

I love the pictures of the two of them together. We are anxiously awaiting our brother/sister duo around here. I will be calling to encourage you when Chaz goes back to work. I am terrified of that day too(with Chad). I know everyone seems to make it work, but it seems so overwhelming just imagining an entire day with two little ones and no help! Keep the pictures coming. I love being able to see Abby growing. She is such a cutie!

Kedra said...

Hey! Ann told me that you just had your second- congratulations! They are both so adorable! I am so happy for ya'll! Good luck & I will pray for you~ two is a different world!
Please, tell your mom hello and hope all is doing well!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

i remember letting kelsey watch tv like crazy after having kailyn...only way i made it so give yourself LOTS OF GRACE!!! you look awesome. in abilene for a week but will call when get back!!!!!!!