CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Charles Kilmer Railsback






Well, Charlie is finally here! The story goes, Monday Chaz and I went to the hospital to be induced. We got there and I fully expected to be at least a 3 cm of dilation and that the labor won't be very long. But when the doctor went to check me we discovered that Charlie was now breech and I was completely closed. I don't know what was harder to hear because on Friday he had checked me and I was at a 2.5 and Charlie was head down. Now we were talking about either turning him or doing a c-section. We decided to try turning him and was successful at doing that, which was more painful than I thought it would be. After the doctor broke my water, I started having good strong contractions. At first my labor was very slow and I stayed at a 4 forever, but once I got to a 5 things started happening almost to fast. I went from a 5 to an 8 in 30 min. and then started pushing soon after that. I had 3-4 contractions and Charlie came in 9 mins. The doctor barley had time to set up. Charlie weighed 7.7 pounds and was 20.5 inches long. He is so long a skinny, not like his sister who was short and fat. It was amazing to finally get to see our little man. He is so wonderful and everything I thought he would be. He's a fantastic eater and last night slept great. Chaz and I are both so overcome with gratitude to God for giving us another wonderful blessing. Abby has been at my mom's and we can't wait to introduce them tomorrow. I was sad that my mom and Abby couldn't be here this week but it's turned out to be such a blessing to have this quiet time alone with Charlie before Abby is here to try to steal the show. I'll keep everyone posted on how the first intro. goes. It should be interesting when she discovers that Charlie isn't going anywhere.

13 comments:

Summer said...

I have been checking everyday to see pictures of Charlie! He is so precious, and you look amazing too! I'm anxious to hear how the first meeting goes with Abby and her new baby brother. Keep the pictures coming so we can see more of that sweet boy!

Laurie said...

yay!! the news I have been waiting on! I hated to bother you because I knew y'all would be busy! We are going out of town this weekend but I will call you sometime soon to come over and help out!!
WE LOVE YOU and are so happy everybody is healthy! Praise God!

Chesley said...

I just love his skin! He isn't splotchy. He just looks perfect. I can't wait to come and visit. :)

Hollie Reese said...

I have been waiting to see that boy! he is adorable! Congrats!!!

angela said...

Yeah! Charlies's here! I've been waiting for a post! It looks like you guys are doing great! You both look so happy! It sounds like your labor and delivery could not have gone any smoother once things got going! Glad to here this!Congratultions!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

YEAH!!! So glad that everything went wonderful and that you did not have to have a c section! he is BEAUTIFUL and you look GREAT. not even swollen or anything! so proud of you! you are an amazing mom! let me know if you need anything. if not busy and life gets back to normal for you let me know and we will come out to visit you!!!!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I've been hoping for pictures. Sorry we haven't been able to meet him yet - hopefully we will soon! So glad it went well!

Shelly said...

OHHH YAYYYY!! He is sooo cute!! I love the first picture---it looks like he's smiling. You don't look an ounce swollen---you're so beautiful! He looks a lot like Chaz to me. And WOW---I can't believe you had to turn him! Little stinker! Looking forward to seeing him in person soon! So happy to hear all went well. Love you guys--

Julia said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet sweet Charlie. He is such a cutie! I'm sorry we didn't make it up to the hospital, but we're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

YEAHHH!! Congratulations Calista! He is beautiful and I LOVE HIS NAME!

allyo said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!..and you look amazing! We hope to get to meet him soon. It is silly that we are so close and never see each other!

MAV

Brooks Inc. said...

Congrats Calista-

You look beautiful and Charlie is such a handsome baby!

God bless you during this exciting and fun (and exhausting :)) transition!

BJB

Amanda said...

Congratulations Calista and Chaz! Charlie is precious!!