CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Just Talking Out Loud

Well since I now spend all my days with two little ones and little adult conversation, I thought I would just let out some things that have been on my mind. For starters, I've really been thinking a lot about my brother, Michael. I miss him so very much and so sad that he won't know my kids. He would of been such a great uncle. He's always loved kids and really dreamed of having a family. I'm so sad that he never got to experience the joy of holding his own little one. He's been showing up a lot in my dreams and sometimes my mom and I have the same dream about him. I feel like God is letting him say hi to us. I pray that I never stop having those dreams even though I wake up in the morning really missing him and a little sad that it was only a dream. Michael was the type to make sure everyone was ok. It doesn't surprise me that he is trying to tell me that he is in a good place. Anyway on to other things. I hate to complain because I know that there are so many other people out there far worse than me but this week was really stressful. I got a breast infection on one side then two days later got it on the other. It's so hard to be patient and loving to both kids when you're exhausted but even worse when you feel like you have the worse flu of your life. To top it off, Charlie does have reflux. We weren't sure for a couple of weeks because he doesn't spit up much but after this week I finally talked to the doctor about it and he confirmed that it was indeed reflux. Instead of spitting up, acid just sits in the back of his throat so he screams every time I try to feed him. The last couple of days I've been feeding him in a different position which is helping but very uncomfortable and I don't know how I will feed him this way anywhere else but home. And the little fart won't take a bottle so I'm stuck at home. On the other hand, Abby's been a real trooper. Poor thing she watches TV from the time she gets up till she goes to bed. I guess I'm lucky that she will do that. We did go get her birthday present early and went ahead and gave it to her. It's a kitchen and she loves it. We have more fun playing with it with her. She's also such a little mommy. She really tries to comfort Charlie when he's crying. Anyway, I'll stop complaining. I'm hoping to feel better over the weekend so I can get out of this house. I do need to take more pics of the little ones and will post some soon. And I saved the best for last, my sister, Cayce, had her baby boy yesterday and baby and mom are doing great. He is beautiful, of course and I can't wait to meet my new nephew. I'm glad that him and Charlie will be close in age.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

It's going to get better! I promise! I never had a breast infection with John but with Kailey I had two and they were AWFUL! It does feel like a horrible flu and you have to keep nursing and taking care of that new baby right through it. They say those are even more common in moms of more than one because they often occur when you're not rested enough. Drink a ton of water!!! It'll help flush it out. Let me know if I can do something for you like come get Abby for a while or bring you some lunch. I'm so sorry about Charlie's reflux. I hope that gets better soon!

Hollie Reese said...

Just hang in there! It will take a while to get everything together and get a routine down. Abby will be just fine! I wish we were there to help!! Also, Heidi's second girl had reflux like Charlie does...she is on prevacid and it helps a ton! So, there is hope!!!

Shelly said...

Ohhhhh goodness. The first few months with a newborn (especially that is not your first) are HARD!! It will get better and it will be hard to even remember much at all about this crazy time! Kind of sad, but true. You'll remember some of the crazy but a LOT of the good! I'm with you on the dream stuff---I think God does use them sometimes to help give us closure with loved ones who leave us suddenly. I'll have to talk to you sometime more about it---I have an experience that is similar w/ one of my close friends who passed away several years ago. It has to be so hard to go week to week and have the finality of Michael's absence etched deeper and deeper into your heart. Praying for you and your family to continue to be surrounded with God's indescribable peace and comfort as you continue grieving over Michael. Know you are still being prayed for and you are very loved! Hope to see you soon!

Kristen said...

So good to meet you today!! Good for you braving the world with a newborn and a toddler. I know it's not easy! We all need to meet up again soon!